Hello everyone,

Thanks to those who participated in the inaugural community tech call last month. There were presentations from Mark Brough and Wendy Rogers and some really great discussion. We decided to iterate on the process a bit, to ensure that we’re focusing on work that is in progress (rather than future plans) because we already had quite a lot to talk about.

As a reminder: these monthly (or so) community calls are an opportunity to present and discuss what we’re up to. We had these a couple of years ago and they were great. The idea of the call is to be practical and showcase and encourage all of the things that are going on in the community.

If you’d like to attend, please use the poll below to vote for when you can make it (hopefully it should be displayed in your local time zone - hover over each option to see a selection of timezones).

If you want to present anything, please add yourself to the agenda here. We’ll announce a link to join the call closer to the time.

• 2019-08-27T12:00:00Z
  • 2019-08-27T13:00:00Z
  • 2019-08-29T12:00:00Z
  • 2019-08-29T13:00:00Z
  • 2019-08-30T12:00:00Z
  • 2019-08-30T13:00:00Z

0 voters

Comments (8)

Mark Brough
Mark Brough

Thanks everyone for voting! There were two joint winning times above. Unfortunately I just found out that I would have to miss the last part of one of the times (sorry, I am travelling) which means that the winning time, with apologies to @siemvaessen, is now (next Thursday):

• 2019-08-29T13:00:00Z

Please do add yourself to the Google Doc if there is something you would like to present - we still have 1-2 slots free!

Here’s the URL to join the Skype group for the call (you can also join as a guest user from the web without creating an account):
https://join.skype.com/oPZpD7hXgzfw

Let me know if you have any problems with using Skype!

Andy Lulham
Andy Lulham

Thanks to everyone who attended and contributed! (10 attendees in total.)

A recording of the call is available here:

As Mark Brough mentioned, feedback is very welcome (e.g. on usefulness to you; format etc).

Michelle Levesque
Michelle Levesque

@Andylolz

I had signed up for alerts related to IOM and our data set broke a couple of weeks ago but I never got any sort of alert. Is there a log of some sort that can check if Canary registered the break and if I’m properly registered to receive notices? I did check my spam and nothing came in there. And our data set it fixed.

Kind Regards,
Michelle

Andy Lulham
Andy Lulham

Hi Michelle Levesque ,

IATI Canary logs show that the IoM organisation file had validation errors starting on 23 August 2019. These issues were resolved on 28 August 2019. IATI Canary contacted an @iom.int email address on 23 August 2019 at 7.00am UTC.

In the case of data being inaccessible, IATI Canary sends daily emails until the problem is resolved. Because this was a validation error (rather than data being inaccessible) IATI Canary only sends one email per week until the problem is resolved. So in this case, just one email was sent (since the issue was resolved within a week.)

Hope that helps clarify. I’ll send a test email to the address on file, just to check it reaches you.

Michelle Levesque
Michelle Levesque

Hello Andy Lulham

Thank you for checking and I’m glad to know the Canary was singing. Now to figure out where the email went. I received the test email sent on the 3rd. I need to see if the other ones got stuck in a filter/firewall by mistake.

Kind Regards,
Michelle

Please log in or sign up to comment.