We welcome your feedback and suggestions on improving IATI’s COVID-19 Publishing Guidance!
How to get involved in the consultation:
1. Provide answers to one or all of the below questions and respond directly to this Discuss thread by Monday 20th of April.
Does the guidance meet the needs of both development and humanitarian actors?
- Specifically, we recommend the use of humanitarian-scope for both development and humanitarian activities. Do you agree with that, or do you support the proposal to also add GLIDE as a vocabulary to the tag element for publishing development activities only (see more detailed discussions here and here)?
- If you support the use of the tag element, please provide specific examples of development activities that will be published there.
Can you publish data on all activities and spending related to COVID-19 using the recommended elements?
- If not, please provide an example of an activity/spending you are unable to publish using the recommended IATI specific elements?
- Would you be using Transaction Type 12 - Outgoing Pledge & 13- Incoming Pledge for any spending related to COVID-19? We have not provided specific guidance on use of transactions and want to hear from you!
Do you have any specific suggestions on improving the guidance? Are there areas where the guidance can be made clearer? If so, please state your specific suggestion.
How will your organisation use data on international resource flows to respond to the pandemic? Does the IATI publishing guidance and recommended elements meet those data use needs? Please provide any examples.
2. Join the IATI Publishing Guidance Webinar on COVID-19 on Tuesday 7 April - 3:30pm UK time.
3. Get in touch with the IATI technical team by emailing the IATI Helpdesk (firstname.lastname@example.org)
After the closing date of the consultation (Monday 20th of April), we will summarise the discussions (received via Discuss, webinar or email) and post a response to this Discuss thread with any proposed clarification or amendments to the IATI guidance. The guidance will then be updated respectively.