This proposal is part of the 2.03 upgrade process, please comment by replying below.
Type of Change
Add attribute and codelist
The IATI standard is meant to be fully compatible with OECD DAC CRS++ reporting directives. While the IATI OrganisationType codelist is similar to the generic CRS channel codes they are not the same and it is therefore not possible to derive CRS++ from IATI data.
- Add attribute participating-org/@crs-channel-code
- Occurrence: min = 0; max = 1
- Definition: Under CRS++ Reporting Directives this code identifies the implementing agency. Codes ending in ‘00’ are generic and are similar to the OrganisationType code.
- Rule: Must contain a valid value from the CRSChannelCode codelist.
- Add a non-embedded codelist : CRSChannelCode
- Values are from latest published DAC and CRS code lists published here.
An option to harmonise DAC Channels and IATI Organisation types was rejected. The above proposal was accepted subject to further consultation.