Discussion

D-portal broken

Aria Grabowski
Aria Grabowski • 19 March 2019

Hi all,

When I use d-portal to search for projects for using a keyword search, a sector group, and a publishers the search tells me there are multiple activities but then when I click explore results there are 0 projects.

I have encountered this issue a week ago for World Bank and today for USAID, so I just checked and SIDA, DFID, and Global Affairs Canada have this issue too, so I’m guessing it is a system wide glitch. This is a pretty big obstacle for use and trying to find a certain kind of project, and personally will be a big hindrance to data use work I am doing.

Steven Flower Kate Amy Silcock Melinda Cuzner Andie Vaughn Yohanna Loucheur John Adams Roderick Besseling

Comments (6)

Kate
Kate

Hi Aria, can you post this on github so Kris and Shi can take a look? I could post this for you, but Shi might need to ask you some questions to fully understand the bug so it would be great if you would be happy to post it there
Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Aria Grabowski
Aria Grabowski

I talked with my team member doing the detailed work on this, and he highlighted that its only when multiple sector groups are pulled, which explains why you got results still Steven. Also downgrades the severity of the issue, but still a relatively big deal. I apparently always use multiple sector groups. As there are multiple ones for broad categories like energy or health.

Andy Lulham
Andy Lulham

I wasn’t able to recreate the issue, either. Aria Grabowski did you post this onto the d-portal issue tracker? I wasn’t able to find a corresponding issue there.

If you do post it, I’m sure the developers would appreciate some sample steps to recreate the problem.

I wonder if this discuss post could also be renamed, since “D-portal broken” is a bit disconcerting!

Please log in or sign up to comment.