Hello everyone
im getting an error validating iati-activities-schema.xsd
file with xsd tool .net framework.
i would like create a class and then serialize data, read from db into
xml (iati valid)

this is error

Schema validation warning: Global element ‘iati-identifier’ already declared. Line 220, position 4.
Schema validation warning: Global element ‘document-link’ already declared. Line 2749, position 4.
Schema validation warning: ComplexType element ‘currencyType’ already declared. Line 2838, position 4.
Schema validation warning: Global attribute ‘currency’ already declared. Line 2853, position 4.

Warning: Schema could not be validated. Class generation may fail or may produce incorrect results.

thanks in advance

Comments (4)

Herman van Loon
Herman van Loon

Dear developer,
Which version of IATI are you using? I am using xmllint (both under W10 and CentOS) and that works without any problems. Make sure you have all XSD files downloaded:

Core Schema¶

The current suite IATI XML schemas consists of the following components:
iati-organisations-schema.xsd - XML schema for describing an organisation involved in any stage development cooperation (funding, implementing etc.).
iati-activities-schema.xsd - XML Schema for describing the details of individual development cooperation activities/projects.

Supplementary Schema

In addition to the Organisation and Activity. core terms are described in the following:
iati-common.xsd - A supplementary schema with common IATI markup. Must be in the same directory as the Organisation and Activity schema.
xml.xsd - A supplementary schema that must be in the same directory as the Organisation and Activity schema.

Metadata Schema

The Registry Record provides a common format for the reporting of metadata to the IATI Registry.

Please note: Usage of this schema is not mandatory.
iati-registry-record-schema.xsd - An application-specific extension schema for importing documents into the IATI registry

Some tools have problems with the fact that the XSD is split over multiple files.

developer
developer

Thanks to answer me, the version is 2.02 and this is files list:

1. iati-activities-schema.xsd
  2. iati-common.xsd
  3. xml.xsd

Tool used: xsd.exe .net Microsoft
can you suggest me usefull tool to split over multiple files

Regards
Francesco

Herman van Loon
Herman van Loon

Hi Francesco,
I have downloaded all 5 XSD files in one directory. XMLLINT under Linux works fine.

Installing XMLLINT under W10 is also possible, but is a bit tricky.

Regards
Herman

Please log in or sign up to comment.