I’m curious if IATI has produced an official spreadsheet template organizations can use to begin databasing activity information using IATI Standard information fields and codes? I’ve seen CSV files published by different organizations but I can’t find a complete spreadsheet with column headings for every conceivable field?

Ultimately we’d like to build a PostgreSQL database and it would be helpful to know how folks are handling database design, tables, columns and rows. Can anyone refer us to a database model we can replicate that’s been tested and improved through use?

Comments (9)

Brent Phillips
Brent Phillips

I’m curious, perhaps this is a dumb question, would it be feasible to use IATI XML XPath elements as column headings? They cover all IATI’s possible data fields.

What are your thoughts? Would it be useful for IATI to create an official list of unique XPath to Heading conversions?

Brent Phillips
Brent Phillips

Thanks, I’ll refer your links to our data scientist. Off hand, for testing, do you use a local copy of the entire IATI dataset? Generating or acquiring one is on our todo list this week.

Dale Potter
Dale Potter
Image removed. siemvaessen:

Perhaps the OIPA db model could help you

Hi [~379] - was just following up on this thread. Is the OIPA DB model still readily available for interest? I tried the wiki link but this take me to a ‘create new wiki page’ form, so the docs may have been moved.

Also Brent Phillips - would be great to hear the findings from your data scientist, or any template that is generated. I’m sure this could be of interest to others in future too.

Please log in or sign up to comment.