Many thanks to all who attended the meet up at the TAG - there were some interesting discussions, suggestions and more. In terms of outcomes, here is a list of the popular suggestions that were made during the session:
- Make a big list of ALL THE TOOLS
- Tool selection support, to help pair individuals with the tools that solve their problems
- Create an app marketplace to help identify tools or features that don't exist, but could
- Re-use functionality that exists rather than reinventing the wheel over and over
- Online contact database to help link developers with those who need the developer's skills
- Set up an Instant Messaging (eg. Slack) tool for daily communication between developers (and related persons!) in the IATI community
- Semi-frequent calls between interested parties, with varied topics for each session
- Fix the Datastore (there is a session from 11:30-12:30 on Wednesday to discuss just this!)
- Ensure effort is put into solving real user needs rather than vague ideas that somebody somewhere may want a thing
Once the TAG is over, myself and @dalepotter will look into concrete solutions or proposals for these ideas and work to keep everybody in the loop (some of these ideas will be quicker to implement than others).
In the mean time, be sure to keep the discussions going, working together to find a positive path for future development and collaboration!