I have been asked to scope out improvements to the IATI Dashboard and am keen to hear the community’s views on this tool.
We are particularly interested in how we can help publishers to understand their data quality.
- Headlines - Overview of data by this publisher (number of files, IATI versions used, etc). Plus graphs showing the number of activities/activity files/organisation files/total file size over time
- Data Quality - summary of automated issues found, for example Files Failing Validation
- Financial - counts the number of budgets published, together with aggregated totals
- Files - Overview of all publisher’s files, showing the number of activities contained, file size and version
- Codelist values - summary of the codelist values used for each element used by this publisher
- Elements and Attributes published - shows counts for how often the IATI schema is used by this publisher, and details which of their files
Questions for publishers/data users:
We are keen to hear your thoughts, some questions to get you thinking:
- Which of the above components (if any) do publishers/data users find most useful?
- Which of the above components (if any) do publishers/data users find least useful?
- Is there any data which should be presented in a different way? Or should the page have a different look and feel in general?
- Are there other aspects to data quality that should also be included? Can you demonstrate how this would make a difference to you?
- How often do you use the dashboard? Would this change if different data/format was available?
- Is the page fine as it is? In which case, are there other things which you would suggest we should improve instead?
At present, we are in the scoping phase and timescales for development have not been fully defined, but we are keen to hear your views to inform our thinking on how much priority should be assigned to this.