Recently, we held a Breakfast meeting with a vibrant aid transparency community at National level in Uganda consisting of representatives from government, country donors, CSOs, media and academia. This was to present a draft paper on: “Aid transparency data ecosystem in Uganda”.
We discussed aid data usage, sources and issues at country level. Issues identified include:
- Need to have the Aid Management Platform joined up with IATI (IATI automatic import)
- Lack of a culture of data use
- Issues with data: Double counting, Verification contacts (proper feedback system) and need for detailed loans/debt data
- Inactive data revolution and aid transparency community at national level
- Donors are not encouraging their grantees to publish, especially results.
- Potential for statistics body (UBOS) to authenticate IATI as official source
We would love to hear from you on IATI data use at the country level, and on the “Aid transparency data ecosystem in Uganda” paper here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3WngmdQt3steENlYWdTekhfTlE/view?usp=sharing