Discussion

IATI import module for Stata

Liam Swiss
Liam Swiss • 15 February 2016

Hello -

I am new to this forum, but wanted to write to introduce a new tool I developed for the Stata statistical software program to import and convert IATI data into Stata form so it can be used in statistical analysis. Once installed in Stata the iati command will contact the IATI Datastore API and download/convert the activity file of any IATI publisher specified.

My objective in creating this module for Stata was to ease the process of accessing IATI data for quantitative analysis and statistical modelling. I hope in future versions of the module to be able to expand its options to mirror most of those currently present on the IATI Datastore CSV builder.

If you have any questions or feedback on this tool, please do not hesitate to contact me: lswiss(at)mun.ca or @liamswiss.

Cheers,

Liam

The iati command can be installed in Stata via the following command:
ssc install iati

A more detailed blog post describing the tool is available here.

Comments (3)

Wilbrod Ntawiha
Wilbrod Ntawiha

Thanks Liam,

This seems a great tool.

It installs well. However, It does not load data while using lower versions of Stata version14. (I have Stata version 13.1)
Let me know if/when this can be corrected!.

Many thanks,

Wilbrod

Liam Swiss
Liam Swiss

Thanks for the feedback Wilbrod.

The module is set for version 14 simply because it was written for and tested in that environment. I think it should be backward compatible, though.

I believe you can hack the version requirement in your install by editing iati.ado manually.

Replace “version 14” on line 4 of the code with “version 13” or lower and it may still work. Reload your Stata and it should work.

Please log in or sign up to comment.