Both the proposal I made here in April, and the one @bill_anderson made earlier this month remove the word “completion”, so should help avoid the confusion you’re talking about.
Just to restate my proposal (which is slightly different to Bill’s) the codelist would become:
Activity Status Codelist (updated)
||The activity is being scoped or planned
||The activity is currently being implemented
||Physical activity is complete or the final disbursement has been made, but the activity remains open pending financial sign off or M&E.
||Physical activity is complete or the final disbursement has been made
|, but the activity remains open pending financial sign off or M&E.
||The activity has been cancelled
||The activity has been temporarily suspended
I’ve attempted to highlight the changes above, but just to state explicitly, there are two parts to this change:
- switching the descriptions for codes 3 and 4 (this is necessary)
- renaming codes 3 and 4 in an attempt to make them a bit clearer, and avoid potentially ambiguous use of “completion” (this is not strictly necessary, but is a nice-to-have that appears to have near-universal support)
A couple of supporting points to mention:
- The English name change is just for clarity, and doesn’t change the meaning.
- There are no changes to the French names here. Ever since they were added in Oct 2013, they’ve always been Planification, Actif, Finalisation, Fermé, Annulé et Suspendu (in that order). So the renaming here would bring the English names in line with the French.
- In v1.0x, there were no codelist descriptions. These were first added at v2.01, and that’s where this confusion started. That’s the key reason we think it makes more sense to fix the descriptions. This thread starts with @stevieflow flagging the bug back in July 2015, and proposing that the descriptions should be switched.
After @bill_anderson’s message prior to the TAG, I thought we’d resolved this issue. However, I see now that perhaps the details were still up in the air. I agree with @Michelle_IOM that it would be great to get this resolved soon.