The IATI Technical team have been working hard over the past couple weeks to improve the IATI Datastore CSV Query Builder. This tool was initially launched some years ago and is commonly used by analysts to return IATI data in a spreadsheet format.
Regular users will notice some significant changes to the look-and-feel of the tool:
The changes have included:
- Improved usability across a wider range of devices through porting the front-end to Bootstrap
- Nicer select fields (including ability to multi-select fields) through the use of the Chosen jQuery plugin
- Additional Datastore filters have been added, including activity start and end dates
- Ability to preview (as well as download) data by linking the tool to the IATI Preview tool
- Adding clearer copy, alongside visual enhancements
The changes are now available to view at: http://datastore.iatistandard.org/query
We welcome comments, user feedback and ideas for additional improvements – either in response to this post, or by adding to our Github issue.
Special thanks also goes to @andylolz who has provided community support for this work, including a number of useful code contributions.