I have found and old mapping between CC codes and CRS Purpose Codes. Now that there are a few new and changed sectors I was wondering if anybody has updated their mapping and if we can use it?
I presume this is in the context of trying to implement aid and budget alignment in Sida’s IATI data, but let me know if this is wrong (and happy to have a chat – you can also email me at firstname.lastname@example.org).
So in the end we agreed the best way of implementing this was to encourage the use of a subset of (more detailed) CRS purpose codes. You can see the final guidance here (which should shortly be added to the IATI website). As part of this, the CC (“Common Code”) codes have been deprecated and no longer need to be used.
As the guidance says, in addition to the
capital-spend field, you should now just be publishing a subset of the CRS purpose codes. The guidance describes which codes should be used and which should not – I think @andylolz has a nice list and perhaps this is something @IATI-techteam could consider adding to the
Sector codelist to make clear which codes are compatible with budget alignment and which are not?
Oh, thank you for replying so quickly!
Good thing capital-spend was the next thing on my to-do list, then I will jump right onto that. I will look at this a little more and get back to you if I have any further questions (which I usually do ). Thanks again for the information and the offer of further help.
The guidance describes which codes should be used and which should not – I think @andylolz has a nice list
Indeed yes! See:
The above lists all current DAC 5 digit sector (purpose) codes. It includes a “Budget status” column, indicating any issues identified in mapping the code to recipient country budgets. So codes for which this column is empty are fine to use; codes for which this column is populated are not. This was generated in accordance with the methodology described in the guidance Mark links to. In fact, it’s the list I used to generate the graph for this blogpost on the topic.
^^ this is a great suggestion – this would be really useful.
I’ve made a start on this, by adding budget alignment information to the sector codelist as a custom namespace. I’ve sent a fix for that.