Hi,

I have been working with UNDP to design a new AIMS for Somalia and they are now looking for developers. The new AIMS will be able to suck in IATI data to reduce the workload of the data entry users, will use IATI XML as a backup format, and will publish IATI data so others can benefit from the local gap-filling.

I have pasted the link below as it would be great to have some bids from the various developers who loiter here and who are familiar with IATI.

http://www.ungm.org/Public/Notice/60182
http://procurement-notices.undp.org/view_notice.cfm?notice_id=39750

Thanks a lot,

Matt

PS - I have tried to put this in the appropriate sub-forum, please shunt it, or let me know if not!
PPS - edited to add a second link

Comments (3)

Dale Potter
Dale Potter

Hi matmaxgeds - nice proposal, looks like this would be an interesting project.

I saw that you mentioned the upcoming IATI Python library (page 53 of the spec). Just wanted to update that this is currently in active development and we’d welcome some early adopters – especially if the successful candidate/s are working with the python language.

The library as is should already save a ton of time when working with IATI (it comes with default codelists out of the box, and you can easily deal with the myriad of different data encodings that exist in the wild). Right now we’re working on functionality to validate datasets against IATI codelists and rulesets, which will thoroughly tested enough to be run against live data very soon.

Also of note is the (somewhat less developed) iati.fetch module, which offers a simple python api for retrieving IATI data published to the IATI Registry.

We’d welcome feedback for either of these components, or even pull requests if functionality does not exist at present

As regards to long-term development and support, we definitely seeing this as the future of IATI tech (over time it will become the centre of internal IATI systems architecture) and we’re aiming for it to become a ‘go-to’ tool for developers who experiment with IATI data, and a base for end-user functionality.

matmaxgeds
matmaxgeds

Hi Dale Potter ,

Thanks a lot for the update, very helpful, and apologies for this really boring answer - following UNDP procurement rules means I can’t say anything that would advantage a bidder who reads this over one who doesn’t, but I hope to come back after the process and follow up properly!

Thanks,

Matt

Please log in or sign up to comment.