Results – improve consistency of results standard
Type of Change
- Addition to Schema
- Addition and change to Schema
There are a number of areas of the result standard that are inconsistent (capability in one area is missing in other), making it more difficult to understand and use the standard than it could be otherwise. For example, currently:
- you can only flag if results are suitable for aggregation, not underlying indicators that make up the result.
- indicator “baselines” cannot be reported in the same way as “targets” and “actuals” (e.g. there is no way to report disaggregation’s, or use dates rather than just years etc.)
- Add optional “aggregation-status” attribute (per result/@aggregation-status ) to result/indicator
(compare relevant sections of http://iatistandard.org/202/activity-standard/iati-activities/iati-activity/result/indicator/ and http://iatistandard.org/202/activity-standard/iati-activities/iati-activity/result)
2) Make the following additions and changes to result/indicator/baseline :
a. Add location and dimension elements (per result/indicator/period/actual/location and result/indicator/period/actual/dimension respectively)
b. Change baseline cardinality from 0…1 to 0…* to permit disaggregations (per proposal Results – allow disaggregations of results data (included 2.03) )
c. Add iso-date attribute (type xsd:date)
(compare relevant sections of http://iatistandard.org/202/activity-standard/iati-activities/iati-activity/result/indicator/baseline and eg: http://iatistandard.org/202/activity-standard/iati-activities/iati-activity/result/indicator/period/actual/ )
Workshopped at the TAG 2017 and mentioned at the end of the Standards day as part of the results section. Although there was very little time to discuss the proposal, no criticism of the proposal was offered. Proposal has been on IATI Discuss since March 2017.
• This topic is discussed here:
- Results: improve consistency of result standard: aggregations-status
Results: improve consistency of result standard: baseline
• Proposal 2)b. is for consistency with another v2.03 proposal (permitting disaggregation): Results – allow disaggregations of results data (included 2.03)
• This topic addresses Principle 7 from a consultation driven by Monitoring and Evaluation experts from UK CSOs Jan – Mar 2017 – see Results: discussion space and TAG 2016/17 path. Technical suggestions were devised by technology specialists at the Nethope Athens conference March 2017. In all around 30 M&E and technical specialists were involved in this consultation and it builds on a previous consultation by Bond 2015-16 (https://www.bond.org.uk/resources/publishing-results-to-iati - also on discuss.iatistandard : Sharing Results using IATI data standard: will it improve learning and accountability? ).