As organizations undertake efforts to be more open and transparent – including by sharing data on NGO Aid Map or publishing data to IATI – how to efficiently prevent sensitive information from being made public is often a key concern. Please join us for a webinar on Tuesday, December 2 from 10:00-10:45 am with the UK Department for International Development (DFID) and the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP), who will share their experiences with balancing transparency with privacy, security and other concerns. You can register for the webinar here.
John Adams, Head of DFID’s Business Innovation Team, will share:
• DFID’s exclusions principles and policy: how Freedom of Information (FOI) principles translate into an exclusions model
• How this works in practice: how we make sure that our systems do not release excluded data
• What else needs to be done?
Mark Cardwell, Chief of Online Communications at UNDP, will explain:
• UNDP’s disclosure polices: how to create a culture of transparency while understanding risks
• Tools and techniques to support smart, safe transparency
• Next steps for transparency