I’ve got a mini collection of “Show IATI” discuss posts, so I thought I’d add this one.

Launched at the TAG, IATI Decipher is a browser plugin for visualising IATI organisation files. It enhances the IATI registry, enabling users to view budget and expenditure data graphically, and quickly search and access organisation level documents.

Here’s a demo:

Demo

You can download the plugin from here:
https://iati-decipher.publishwhatyoufund.org

Once it’s installed, visit an IATI organisation file page (like this one) and hit the red “Visualise” button.

Feedback and comments much appreciated!

Comments (3)

matmaxgeds
matmaxgeds
Image removed. andylolz:

Feedback and comments much appreciated

Very cool - thanks a lot. Installed, and already used it to show someone the value of IATI org files - and the ‘greying-out’ of unavailable items is super helpful.

If I could be greedy and ask for more features…because it is so easy to search for a publisher via the browser plugin, I tend to use that rather than going to the registry, but often it means I need to know the ‘correct name’ that the publisher is using. Perhaps this could search a few more fields e.g. the publisher country? For example - to find the German Foreign Ministry file, I tried BMZ, Bundes…, Deutschland, German…and finally ‘Germany’ before I got it - whereas if it could return all publishers based in Germany, it would be easier in many cases.

Please log in or sign up to comment.