This paper will consider a number of issues relating to the Activity Standard. (We may need to split this paper in two to make it more manageable.)
- The definition of what constitutes a secondary publisher requires clarification.
- Organisations reported by secondary publishers that do not themselves publish to IATI should be flagged so that their activity data can be used without fear of duplication or double counting.
- Does there need to be a way to link the activities of an organisation reported by a secondary publisher to a primary publisher?
- Current rules insist that transactions are a record of de facto actions that must therefore take place in the past. This logic is used to detect when a publisher’s data has changed to calculate timeliness (publisher statistics logic looks for a change in the most recent transaction date). There are however business models where accounting systems legitimately issue committed instructions to banks for future transactions.
Participating organisation type attribute
- Add an attribute to participating-org - particularly useful for describing implementing organisations
- Agree on either separation or alignment of the IATI Organisation Type codelist with the CRS Channel of Delivery. (See discussions here and here.)
- Fix the results complex element to ensure accurate reporting of disaggregated values per indicator.
- Proposal to remove the aggregation-status attribute from the result element
- Add a transaction type code for internally sourced / core funds. (See separate paper on core funding)
- Change transaction type code description “Interest Repayment” to “Interest Payment”
- Make value-date mandatory (if agreed this would go in to the 3.01 queue)
- Proposal to specify an explicit exchange rate for a transaction
- Deprecate BudgetIdentifier codelist as it has been superceded by the new list of CRS purpose codes
- Modify the BudgetIdenifierVocabulary codelist. (See discussion here.)
Total Estimated Cost
- Proposal to add a new total estimated cost element. (See discussion here)
- Review and clarify definitions for commitments, budgets and costs
- Review ambiguous use of @type and @code attributes across schema
- Limit use of description/@type within an activity. (i.e. don’t allow repetition of same @type in one description)
- [Make URLs on elements with a publisher-provided codelist mandatory](http://Make URLs on elements with a publisher-provided codelist mandatory)