The DAC recently approved the addition of several purpose codes and 2 policy markers. The IATI codelists do not include the new codes yet, which means that if our IATI files will have validation issues if we use the new codes.

IATI Technical Team , any idea when the IATI codelists may be updated?

Also, are we making progress towards an automatic alignment of the IATI codelists on the DAC’s? (I think there was something recently about this on Discuss, but couldn’t find it - it wasn’t tagged as a Sectors post unfortunately).

Comments (3)

Andy Lulham
Andy Lulham

Hi Yohanna,

I sent some DAC codelist updates here:

Image removed.[Rejected] January 2018 DAC codelist updates Non-Core Codelist Amendments

DAC codelists were updated in January. There’s only one significant change here (sector code 24050 added). EDIT: Also, sector category 231 has changed name, from “Energy generation, distribution and efficiency – general” to “Energy Policy”. See: https://github.com/IATI/IATI-Codelists-NonEmbedded/pull/249

The relevant pull request is here:

github.com/IATI/IATI-Codelists-NonEmbedded

2018 DAC CRS codelist updates

IATI:master ← andylolz:dac-crs-codelist-updates

opened 12:12AM - 18 Apr 18 UTC

Image removed. andylolz

+366 -176

It’s awaiting review from the IATI secretariat technical team.

Image removed. YohannaLoucheur:

Also, are we making progress towards an automatic alignment of the IATI codelists on the DAC’s?

There’s some mention of that from Bill Anderson just here. I sent a pull request to do this automatically from the XLS, but I’ve closed it given it sounds like the plan is to instead use the DAC XML as the reference.

I’m sure IATI Technical Team can elucidate.

Please log in or sign up to comment.