We’ve an interesting dilemma via research on the Open Ag Funding project.
We may want to propose an additional SectorVocabulary code, to assist publishers, for example. However, we would also plan a period of piloting and data exploration, before any proposal
Our (slight) difficulty is that the vocabulary codelists seem to be based on incremental integers - eg: SectorVocabulary currently has 1-6 codes, so we’re assuming the next on will be 7.
This could make it tricky to pilot anything. If we pilot with code 7, but could then find this is allocated to another purpose.
Would there ever be a situation whereby codes could be “pre-reserved” (or, “emerging”) , pending full proposal/acceptance? I appreciate that this in turn could generate gaps in the list(s)