Hi everyone,

I have written a blog about what we have been doing so far within the website project. You can read it here.

Hopefully this gives a bit of a flavor of how we have been spending our time recently.

Kate

Comments (4)

Andy Lulham
Andy Lulham

Great – Thanks Kate !

You mention in the blog that the team used 100+ interviews to create 10 key personas / 28 user stories.

Are you able to share more details? E.g. details of the groups that were interviewed; explanations of the 10 personas; the other 27 user stories? This would be really useful in understanding the problems faced / decisions taken. And perhaps it would provide more of a means for the wider IATI community to contribute?

Thanks again, and welcome!

Kate
Kate

Hi Andy,

Nice to meet you! Thanks for reading through my blog so promptly.

On the research - the details of the participant (individual and groups) are in the IATI Insight Report released last year (p7-10). It’s been great to see how engaged the IATI TAG community has been in our work. Our personas cover all major IATI stakeholders from partner country aid management units, to IATI tool developers, to NGOs working in the field, to someone in the TAG contributing to an upgrade of the Standard. The user journey work then goes through every detail (in sequential order) of what they are trying to achieve when they approach IATI’s website.

We are currently planning the next user research input/exercise that the project will benefit most from at this stage. I look forward to posting further information on Discuss on how to get involved once this is locked down.

Warmest,

Kate

Yohanna  Loucheur
Yohanna Loucheur

Hi Kate

Thank you indeed for sharing some additional information about the website development!

Like Andy Lulham , I would be interested in more information about the personas and user stories, and in opportunities to provide insight. For instance, the User Journey KT12 shown in the blog post is missing some critical steps for participating in the MA; including these steps could point to additional information/website sections required by the user that may otherwise be overlooked.

Catching gaps like these early on could help improve the future website. I look forward to hearing about how we can get involved.

Kate
Kate

Hi Yohanna,

The user story shared was an example of our working documents, these have been our starting point for the design of things, but we have been constantly iterating with every card sort and feedback moment.

The next feedback we will be looking for is from people brand new to IATI as we want to see how things work for someone with no prior context. Based on this we will iterate again.

Thanks so much for your support, we will sharing our progress in more detail in early May.

Please log in or sign up to comment.