Discussion

Who is going to the TAG 2018?

Steven Flower
Steven Flower • 12 October 2018

It’d be really helpful to know who will be at the TAG meeting in person - to help us think about the conversations and discussions we want to have.

We should also acknowledge that some community members can’t get there. We should be minded of any decisions we might try to make at the TAG, especially if people are not able to join.

IATI Technical Team are you able to share a list?

Otherwise:

• I’m going!
  • I know my colleague Rory Scott from Open Data Services Co-operative is going.

Anyone else?

Comments (23)

Reid Porter
Reid Porter

I’ll…be theeeere…[“with a love that will shelter youuuuu”…whoops, sorry!] I submitted a ‘workshop’ proposal on Monday related to results, which was my way of asking for a hybrid/open space session.

Herman van Loon and Taryn Davis supporting, so I assume they’re coming. That’s all I know

Yohanna  Loucheur
Yohanna Loucheur

Just got confirmation that I’m going too.

Speaking of making decisions, I haven’t seen anything about decisions to be made (e.g. changes to standard, elections etc), as far as I recall. Have I missed a whole section of Discuss?

Michelle Levesque
Michelle Levesque

At MA the attendee list was not distributed until after the meeting and it didn’t include email addresses. What do people think about giving prior authorization to the IATI secretariat to release our email addresses and an attendee list at the beginning of the meeting? If anyone is like me I use them to make notes to remember who is who and who I talked to about what. Thoughts?

Anonymous

That would have been nice during the pre GDPR era, I am now pretty sure this is not allowed anymore unless permission was explicitly requested and granted by the attendee during the sign up for the TAG.

Yohanna  Loucheur
Yohanna Loucheur

Fully agree with Michelle that a list of participants with email addresses would be extremely useful.

Image removed. siemvaessen:

That would have been nice during the pre GDPR era, I am now pretty sure this is not allowed anymore unless permission was explicitly requested and granted by the attendee during the sign up for the TAG.

It should be rather simple to send an email to all TAG participants seeking this permission. Going forward, this should be part of the registration process for all MA and TAG meetings.

John Adams
John Adams

Yea, we missed the “permission to share your details” box on the registration form…#GDPR

Looking at ways of encouraging people to share that they are coming - probably through Sched like we have done before.

Michelle Levesque
Michelle Levesque

Could we not simply have a sheet at the check-in or opening session where people can indicated if they are wliling to release that info? That way, when the attendee list is distributed it can include email addresses for those who wrote it down?

Rohini Simbodyal - IATI Secretariat

Hi Taryn,

The hotel has confirmed that all rooms in the booking reservation for TAG participants should be non-smoking room.

We send you an email you with more details.

Thanks,
Rohini

Hi all,

I’m working on comms for the TAG 2018 (before/during/after).

If you want to promote your work or have any other comms ideas, do get in contact with me. You could consider writing a blog, newspost, tweet or even doing a short video interview!

rohini.simbodyal@devinit.org

Looking forward to seeing you in Kathmandu!
Rohini

Taryn Davis
Taryn Davis

Anyone else miss booking a room before the non-smoking standard rooms ran out? Curious if there is another main hotel people will be staying at.

Michelle Levesque
Michelle Levesque

I have a colleague who lived in Kathmandu for three years and he highly recommends I stay in the area called Thamel. It is about a 15 minute taxi to the Crown Plaza but it is in the heart of the city and safe for an individual woman to be walking around on her own. He is now working on organizing a hotel there so as soon as I know what it is I will be glad to share the info with everyone. I’m happy to share taxis to and from for anyone who stays at the same place.

Michelle

Hi Aria,

The hotel has confirmed that all rooms in the booking reservation for TAG participants should be non-smoking room.

We send you an email you with more details.

Thanks,
Rohini

Please log in or sign up to comment.