Additions to the description types codelist for communication purposes
Based on the conversations and direction of IATI (i.e. make it easy to use) during IATI TAG 2017 it is proposed to extend the codelist of description types (http://iatistandard.org/202/codelists/DescriptionType/) to ease and encourage addition of data for communication purposes. This is founded on the experience of Akvo RSR users for about 4000 publicly accessible project webpages for communication purposes.
Addition of the following description types is proposed:
• Activity plan summary, type 5
• Background, type 6
• Activity plan, type 7
• Baseline situation, type 8
• Sustainability, type 9
• Subtitle, type 10
A further explanation of the fields (up for rephrasing):
• Activity plan summary: Detailed information about the implementation of the activity: the what, how, who and when.
• Background,: This should describe the geographical, political, environmental, social and/or cultural context of the activity, and any related activities that have already taken place or are underway.
• Activity plan: Enter a brief summary in order to display the summary. The summary should explain: 1) Why the activity is being carried out; 2) Where it is taking place; 3) Who will benefit and/or participate; 4) What it specifically hopes to accomplish 5) How goals will be reached
• Baseline situation: Describe the situation at the start of the activity.
• Sustainability: Describe how you aim to guarantee sustainability of the activity after implementation. Think about the institutional setting, capacity-building, a cost recovery plan, products used, feasible arrangements for operation and maintenance, anticipation of environmental impact and social integration.
• Subtitle: A short one-line description of the activity to typically be represented alongside the activity title.
For reference current mapping with Akvo RSR: